To become a reputable world-class university that is responsive to national, regional and global development needs through engagement in dynamic knowledge creation and application.
the unrelenting pursuit of scholarly and strategic research, education, training and public service directed at attainment of equitable and sustainable socio-economic development of Somaliland and the rest of Africa
Towards achieving its Vision and fulfilling its Mission, the Gollis University subscribes to the following Values :
1. Academic excellence by ensuring that the pursuit of academic excellence in teaching, research and service to the public is well recognised and forms an important part of the academic and organisational life of the institution.
2. Academic integrity by ensuring that all the academic outputs are produced in line with international standards of academic integrity.
3. Academic freedom by upholding the spirit of free and critical thought and enquiry, through the tolerance of a diversity of beliefs and understanding, as well as fostering open exchange of ideas and knowledge amongst the staff and/or students.
We strive to provide a superior quality educational experience for undergraduate and postgraduate students through:
Educational Goals of Gollis University
- 1. providing an intellectually and socially stimulating environment;
- 2. inspired and dedicated teaching and learning;
- 3. exposure to the excitement of creating new knowledge;
- 4. stimulating the love of lifelong learning;
- 5. the cultivation of competencies for Somaliland citizenship;
- 6. supporting programmes that stimulate the social consciousness of students;
- 7. offering access to courses outside the conventional curricula;
- 8. attracting a culturally and internationally diverse community of scholars;
- 9. guaranteeing internationally competitive qualifications;
- 10.offering a rich array of social, cultural, sporting and leadership opportunities;
- 11.Providing an enabling physical and operational environment.
- 12.Equity and social justice by ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of personal, ethnic, religious, gender or other social characteristics.
- 13.Strategic planning culture by inculcating it at all levels in the University.
- 14.Research relevance by ensuring that research addresses relevant national or societal problems.
- 15.ICT use of ICT by application of ICT in the enhancement of academic delivery and management.
Graduates of Gollis University will be able to:
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge and skills in their field of study, appropriate research and professional practices, and the processes of critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving
- 2. Use effective methods including contemporary technology to manage information, to achieve diverse professional goals aligned with professional standards and make decisions based on appropriate data and information.
- 3. Engage in continuous self-improvement and professional growth, support the professional development of others, and display positive leadership and professional behaviours and disposition for effective practice.
- 4. Communicate effectively with other professionals, and the community, and project a coherent vision of social responsibilities.
- 5. Appreciate and continue to be guided by the university's core values of integrity, respect, academic freedom, open-mindedness, accountability, professionalism, meritocracy, teamwork, creativity and social responsibility.