taking the Telecommunications Engineering course in the department of telecommunications will be exposed to engineering fields in analog and digital communications,
antenna and propagation,
mobile and satellite communications, telephony, information theory, data communications, electromagnetic waves and optical communications.
In addition, engineering studies in electronics, circuit and signal analysis, microprocessor interfacing, computer system, multimedia technology, control theory,
programming and power system are also provided to the students.
Substantial training in engineering mathematics is also included in the program.
A good coverage of subjects in management, economics, accounting and law is also emphasized.
Students are required to take industrial training and graduation projects to provide them with useful industrial experience and research training.
The program is designed to be a four-year engineering course in telecommunications.
To produce all-rounded engineers in the telecommunications technologies in support of the emerging ICT industry.
To develop capable technical leaders who are able to spearhead the advancement of telecommunications in the country
- Ability to acquire and apply fundamental principles of science and engineering.
- Capability to communicate effectively.
- Acquisition of technical competence in specialised areas of engineering discipline.
- Ability to identify, formulate and model problems and find engineering solutions based on a system approach.
- Ability to conduct investigation and research on engineering problems in a chosen field of study.
- Understanding of the importance of sustainability and cost-effectiveness in design and development of engineering solutions.
- Understanding and commitment to professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, and as a member/leader in a team.
- Ability to be a multi-skilled engineer with good technical knowledge, management, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Awareness of the social, cultural, global and environmental responsibilities as an engineer.
- Capability and enthusiasm for self-improvement through continuous professional development and life-long learning.